New Adventures

After a whirlwind of packing and plane rides, I made it to Tokyo for a few days of orientation. Oddly enough it hadn't really hit me that we were in Japan, probably cuz we were surrounded by tons of English speakers. It was really cool though to meet people from all over. There were people from South Africa, Australia, Jamaica, and Ireland besides the huge chunk from the states. Let the internationalization begin!

I love the way that traveling helps remind us how big the world is and how amazing it is that we an travel to other places so quickly nowadays. It really is like traveling through a portal XD

The last night in Tokyo our Osaka mentor took us out for dinner. That's when things got real. Walking along the streets and searching for a restaurant, we were greeted by lots of bright signs and restaurant workers attempting to draw us to their establishments. I was pretty intimidated with all of the Japanese  being spoken so as we passed by I was literally thinking "ahh don't talk to me. I can't respond!" Run away! 

I think it's good that I'm having these experiences now cuz I think this is probably a bit like how my students might be feeling about English. :D I can't wait to play pterodactyl and rock paper scissor tag with them. I wonder if they will like the games. I'll have to mod them so that they have more to do with English haha.

Recap: No coffee or orange juice for me, nice people, new apartment, hanko, running around, exhaustion. New friends, whirlwind, ingredient hunt, patience. 

Too much to say in a week.

Dreams: Swim invite, restaurant takeover, giant ship relocation, water purification boss.
Dinner conflicts, highway, language test exchange.

Comments

Popular Posts