School and Life

The first week of classes has almost come and gone without a hitch. However, I'm an epic fail at knowing things about my own country :< I met some people and perhaps even some friends. The teachers are quite funny, but at times I'm not sure if they know the meanings of the expressions they use, though it hardly matters. School here and there seems to be very similar, although I could make the argument that so far the teachers I've met are more concerned about the students actually learning material, than flaunting their superiority over the subject. According to the students though, there are some bad teachers here too, so I guess it really just depends where you go and who you happen to meet.

Yesterday I read a ton while I waited for Adrian to finish class and it started raining really heavily when we left the school. The rain continued for a long long time and the power went out a couple times, so with nothing to do, I read some more. That made my head hurt a bit, so I started singing as I listened to my ipod shuffle. I haven't sung really loud in a while so it was nice. After getting through "Kokoro no Tamago" I discovered how distracting singing can be from whatever, so I started exercising via mainly horse squat. Since actually practicing wasn't possible in my room, I went to the living room to go through the 1st form and a run through of the steps of the dance. All the while, the dog was barking at me. I also tried doing legit push-ups and I'm not sure about the first one, but the second one was definitely a legit push-up even though it was a struggle. Wahah! >.< I'm still sore from the horse squats though. However, I need to keep training, especially if I'm going to be teaching little kids kung fu and practicing more martial arts. 

While eating dinner today, I realized that the taste of food is also beginning to vanish; even the most exquisite foods aren't eliciting much of a reaction. Blasphemy isn't it? I'm starting to wonder when I'll wake up from this sleep. The signs are there though, that the time is coming soon, after all "the dream must end". Now that I think about it, this seems to be similar to the thought problem of zombies and mutants in which case, (I'm not sure which,) I'm either a zombie or a mutant. Oh and speaking of dinner, I'm starting to master the art of dishing up food and eating it in a way that I can easily ensure that each grain of rice is eaten. I stayed and watched Ip Man after that.

Speculations & Reminders:
-Remember who you are and where you come from
-Treat others as you would treat yourself
-Focus!
-Language is a valuable asset, especially for translating, but is it sometimes better not to understand when what is being said is hurtful?
-Be aware of your surroundings
-The most important lessons are repeated again and again
-Being a part of something is independent of belonging
-Defense also means being poised to attack
-Forget not the people of your past, present or future for they have helped shape the current universe. The 3 should guide your current actions
-Find out what it truly means to care about something
-Judging easily means you're not being humble
-Atashi no kokoro, unlocku!

Dreams: None to report

Comments

Popular Posts