News, TV, Ideas, and Plans

Hi hi! It's been a while! Sorry sorry. Lots has been going on...but yeah aside from going to school, I have been watching a bunch of anime. I finished Kobato and started watching Cardcaptor Sakura again. I'm sorry if I repeat things that I've said before. Many many things really do happen in a day and the connections that I keep seeing are starting to kinda creep me out. Currently I'm watching the History Channel Modern Marvels: Mad Electricity about Nikola Tesla, the scientist that patented over 200 inventions and is responsible for figuring out how to utilize the electricity that powers today's technology. Apparently he was born 10 July, 1856 at the stroke of midnight amidst a thunderstorm. I was thinking woah he's a midnighter. His genius led him to be feared as a mad scientist after a long and interesting career with friends in high places, but also Thomas Edison as his rival. Apparently Edison had hired him and promised him $50,000 if he managed to improve the company, but even after succeeding, discovered that Edison was "kidding". Thus began the rivalry. So that's where the name ACDC comes from haha. What's creepy is not Tesla's Death Ray or earthquake devices, but rather that once he died, the government seized his documents and even though they've supposedly been given to the Tesla Museum in Belgrade, some believe that the documents aren't whole. Duhn duhn duhn conspiracy theory! It's really amazing though, how much he contributed to the things we rely on today, from the remote control to solar power and renewable energy. It's a shame that money prevented him from completing some of his experiments. Ehh money. I found it pretty funny though that he went to Colorado to do his test of wireless energy with his Tesla Coil and at some point claimed to have communicated with aliens. Why does everything keep leading back to Colorado? Hmm. I also found it interesting that he had "odd" quirks like rescuing pigeons and nursing them back to health, being obsessed with the number 3 and numbers divisible by it. What's odd about that? Apparently he insisted on using 9 napkins and was picky about room numbers. He was also a germaphobe. Haha I'm such a weirdo, blogging about history. The History Channel is really interesting though. I learned that an hour before the attack on pearl harbor, the Japanese invaded Kohta Baru. Malaysia was known then as Malaya and in that battle the Japanese supposedly lost more soldiers than in any of their other WWII battles. Go pride! Boo war! Anyway the channels here are so informative. I also like watching the Discovery Science Channel and the Asian Food Channel. @.@ there's so so much information out there! Looking into the past really will help us shape the future!

Oh and speaking of the number 3, I haven't had much luck in finding a lion dance troupe to practice with still, but I started going to Qi Gong practice with my Uncle. It's really interesting and the feeling of energy is cool. I saw one of the other uncles hands vibrating with it. o.o the philosophy behind it is very interesting too and makes sense. Anyway in the exercises moves are done 3 times, but I'm not sure why. My teacher said that the motions are also always circular because circles are smooth and end in the beginning and there is also no conflict in a circle. Oh and talking about the energy that you feel is a big no no cuz then next time you won't feel the energy. >.< oops I found this out cuz I asked if you were supposed to feel the energy or not. So that's what I'll be doing Monday and Thursday nights.

So how's school going? Well I've been spending time with new friends and eating lots of yummy food of course! T.T when I get back to Colorado I won't have fresh watermelon or honeydew juice anymore! :< how will I survive! Jeez I'm getting spoiled! Oh I helped on a Saturday for a Girl Power camp in an Extreme Telematch where the girls were placed in teams and had to do fear factor type stuff. I helped out with serving up the "nasty juice" which consisted of bananas, wheat grass, cinnamon, and lots of other veggies. The girls did a pretty good job downing the stuff. I was really impressed with that and their teamwork too. After that was over, Ms. Sumitha treated all the volunteers to dinner at the food court (my new favorite lunch spot). Afterward, me and 6 other girls from my communications class went to Sunway Pyramid to watch the Karate Kid (it really should be the Kung-Fu Kid). The tickets were pretty much sold out though, so we opted to see the A-Team instead. I give the movie a thumbs up. It was hilarious! This Thursday the group is planning on seeing the Karate Kid at the Summit theater which is less crowded. I can't wait to see the movie! After that I'm going clubbing for the first time with my cousin and his friends. Haha we'll see how that goes...sorry mom!

Oh speaking of that my cousin is kinda mean/bi-polar or something (my Aunty says it's cuz he's a Gemini). He was saying that I need to wear something nice to the club and gave me this look of disgust in relation to my wardrobe. O.o and then later on told me that he could name a list of my flaws which are all negative. Flaws are negative dodo! Apparently I'm naive and childish among other things. >.< So I had to shoot back, but I wanted to not be too mean, so I left out comments that could've really burned him. Speaking of my cousin, the Wong side of the family really does have money and love issues. (sorry that probably made no sense at all) I keep thinking about the past and wondering why some people are the way they are, and while it may have been fated for things to end up like they are now, I still feel bad for them and even though they have crappy attitudes, I still think they can change if they want to...but they sure are insanely unreasonable. I'm sorry all the people that've had to deal with this meaness! T.T I cry for the ones that can't escape it/were dragged into it. My younger cousin is definitely a good kid, so there's hope! Haha I am so proud of him for overcoming the crap that gets thrown his way and escaping the endless cycle of anger and irrationalness. T.T but I still feel sad that this part of my family doesn't appear to have really felt the love of family. Surprisingly, my Uncle hasn't yelled at me yet or perhaps I ignore his yellyish tone of voice. Haha I know that he complains about how mafan I am though among other complaints in Cantonese. It's times like those that I'm kinda glad that I can't understand what's being said. Aren't I horrible? In any case I think he finds it puzzling that I'm always so smiley and cheerful all the time. He has good intentions though and I've taken part of his advise about trying to keep up with the news.

I've subscribed to UN and NY Times news emails which have led me to learn a lot about various things such as: shaved ice and hummus becoming popular, HK starting a website that honors the dead, how some schools are discouraging having a best friend, stem cell research, super advanced technology that may preserve human life forever (kinda creepy), 3D video games/systems coming soon (coolness!), and many other things. Oh back to the school stuff. I was really surprised/ proud of myself that I was one of the first people to finish my 2nd calc quiz cuz as most of you know that I'm the queen of slow. My next speech is an informational one. I was deciding between paranormal stuff and dirt. I chose to do paranormal things and to save the dirt topic for the persuasive speech instead. Now I'm trying to narrow it down a bit since there are so many things within the paranormal. I was impressed that Sunway UC had a few books on the paranormal. Unseen World: The science, theories, and phenomena behind paranormal events is a really interesting source from Reader's Digest that I found there. Hehe this book also led me to the Parapsychology Association's website where you can play games that supposedly test psychic ability http://www.parapsych.org/index.html the key game in the garden of dreams is pretty fun. I don't really understand how the other games are supposed to work though in relation to psychicness. How are you supposed to will a butterfly to safely get to it's destination in the computer? I think you really first have to come to terms with the computer aspect of it and figure out the technological connection somehow. It's quite fun and interesting though and is used in research. I think I'll gear my speech toward the more scientific aspects of the paranormal. Did you know that through a lie detector plants show distress signals when thoughts of ill intent are directed at them? Okay time to write the speech and figure it out before submitting it online! Ehh gotta get working. Woah I wrote a bunch...and I'm sure there's a bunch of typos, sorry!

Dreams: many, but only remembered briefly after waking.  

Comments

Popular Posts