ABC, Skin Care, Anime, Caramel Corn, and Escalators

You know it's going to be a nice day when you start it off with Roti Planta and leftover Satay :> Soon after, we headed over to MidValley megamall for a facial appointment and to see if my Aunty could get her iphone fixed. My poor Aunty has been stressing out about her phone not working. Even after going to the Maxis shop, still no dice. They have to send the phone to Singapore to get it fixed which'll take 4-5 weeks :( Well, she does have a spare phone, so she'll be fine.

We had some time before the appointment so we went to eat some ABC (air batu campur) literally translated: water stone mixed, aka ais kacang, and some rojak. My ABC consisted of durian, logan, cendol, sweet corn, and round pink jelly. As per usual, it was then topped with lots of shaved ice, pink, green, and brown syrup, some condensed milk, more corn, and some peanuts. I think the rojak had pineapple, some type of pear, keropok (fried prawn crackers) and some other indistinguishable fruits haha. Fear not! I managed to remember to snap a picture before I downed everything this time.

So I'm thinking that I must be retarded when it comes to anything having to do with beauty products. I normally wash my face with apricot scrub, but this whole time I was supposed to be using just a facial cleanser and the scrub 2-3 times a week. Oh well, my fault for not inquiring or doing the research. When I get back to Colorado, I'll definitely have to make sure to use moisturizer too since its so dry. :P epic fail! haha well now I know how to take care of my skin properly. Aside from that, the facial was relaxing and only slightly painful. It too was an interesting experience that provoked various thoughts about its occupational perspective and the types of tools used in this area of the profession.

Afterward, I headed to Anime Tech with my younger cousin who was glued to his cellphone texting the whole time. tisk tisk what are we going to do with the younger generation? For about RM 225 since the current conversion rate is about RM 3.28 to $1 ( I'll let you do the math). I got the complete season of Shugo Chara! Doki! that came with a free CD, the complete series of Romeo x Juliet in Japanese for half price, the Soul Eater soundtrack which I will share with my brother, the Clamp in 3D Land vocal collection, the 2nd disc of the Kiddy Grade soundtrack Lumiere, and renewed my Anime Tech membership. ^-^ I think that's a pretty good deal, don't you?

For our last stop before being picked up, I went to get some caramel corn from the movie theater along with some mango juice. Now why can't they make that available at the movie theaters in the states? Another thing. We went to Tesco supermarket right after to pick up a few things (tidbits, Ribena, face wash, and  supplies for my Aunty's studio), and I couldn't help but comment that I have never seen a horizontal escalator (I'm not sure if that's what they're really called) in the states. Okay, so maybe I just haven't seen them there, and they do exist somewhere in the U.S., but I would like to note that it would be cool if big stores like Walmart, Sam's, or Costco, would make more of an effort to conserve space and have multiple levels where the horizontal escalators could be put into use for shopping carts. Oh yes, the excuses I come up with for making use of simple technology.

Dinner introduced some yummy fried eggplant-type goodness and I got my first bug bite here..on my right elbow >.< that is all.

Recap: food, red bean cendol!? window shop (love-letter capsules?), snacks! face massage/blind speculation, tea, double pricing for English audio, :P no substitutions, buy snack attack! preserving traditional manners, and NG self-defense using physics.

Dreams:  can't recall the 1st one at the moment, short one about disarming weapons during chaotic crisis.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you're getting some Yummy food! Aww . . . I really want to go buy some anime now. =(

    By the way, they did think about building horizontal escalators in the US. It was actually in Boulder. Wal-Mart had made a deal with Boulder so that they would be allowed to build there.

    The Wal-Mart would be three stories tall to conserve space and have a horizontal escalator that would allow people to push carts to higher levels. But Wal-Mart thought it would be too pricey and Boulder refused to lower the price. So they cut the deal.

    Stupid, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yup I'm definitely going to be packing on the weight hahaha. What anime do you want? The ones in Japanese with the english subtitles are generally the cheapest except for cardcaptor sakura T.T it's about $100. The ones in english end up being about $35 which I think is about the same price as some of the disc sets sold in the U.S.

    >.< darn Wal-Mart should have said deal. Yay for Boulder for trying to make it work there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts