Mercury Star Power! Make-up! (sorry...I couldn't help myself)

 After spending a day at my Aunty's studio learning about make-up, this is what I concluded:

1. Make-up is like face painting...except all over the face. It's like having a mask painted over your face. As if we don't hide behind enough of those already...
2. It's sooooo time consuming. Granted, I am a newbie so I'm going at super-ultra-snail speed, but I was only putting on foundation and blush, oh and the base before that + I had no clue what I was even doing. When you add in the eye make-up, eyebrows, and I'm sure there's much more, o.o the time spent is insane. In some way, I have a new found respect for people that actually sacrifice sleep time for this.
3. While it is fun to put make-up on other people, I still don't like others putting it on me >.< sorry I know that's somehow hypocritical, but having stuff on my face still creeps me out!

Other than that, the theory behind how to put on make-up is quite interesting, along with the face reading aspect of it. I just found out not too long ago from my friend Olivia, that telling a person's character based on their facial features is called physiognomy. I think I do that subconsciously haha, although I'm not sure about the accuracy of what's been written about it. Anyway, my favorite part about the make-up is choosing the colours and blending them on your hand till you get the right one. Along with that, is the speculation about the art in putting on make-up. It's as if the face is a canvas that is transformed into a work of art, and within that art, reflections of the person's thoughts are impressed in it, until the art is washed away to bear the same fresh canvas and the process can begin again.

Recap: Junk food breakfast, painted face and face painting sporadically, chrysanthemum tea, fried chicken skin and spring rolls, scary eyes, eyebrowing, nap, roti sardin, and dead sleep.

Dreams: Long one, courting, gift making, MRTR house, food science experiment, not enough rides for practice, anything else?

Comments

Popular Posts