Satay! and Randomness

Yay! I got to eat satay for breakfast! Why not for dinner you ask? >.< well after coming back from trying to register at school, a bright flash of lightning and a loud crack of thunder signaled a huge downpour. The sound of raindrops made me sleepy, and I didn't get up to go eat dinner so I ended up just sleeping for a looonnnngggg time.

So what of the night market? Well I actually only bought food cuz I figured I'll be coming back sometime before I leave. Note to self: the honey and garlic sausage sticks are yummy, get more next time. I also got a red bean popsicle, but no corn or steamed peanuts. We were going to get some 1000 year old stinky tofu (or I think that's what it's called), but they ran out while we were in line. I will have to try some next time too. I saw some cool tops with pretty necklines that I want to get. My cousin also brought his friend with us and she was originally planning on buying a  lot of things, but I must have made her feel awkward somehow cuz she didn't buy all the stuff she wanted cuz I was there. I don't really get it; oh well.

Since I got here, I keep thinking up weird situations. I'll have some interesting things for Olivia, one of my creative writer friends, to use as material. I mostly keep speculating about how a place plays such a huge role in peoples' lives. What is it like to grow up in another place? To be used to a certain way of living? And how does that then shape your perception of the world? For a while now, I've been feeling as if I'm living in a dream. Perhaps since I experience the world becoming clearer and clearer as the years go by, this is how my mind is keeping things in balance. How strange that I don't remember what I was thinking about the last time I was here. Then again maybe it isn't at all strange and I wasn't thinking much of anything or just can't remember. Hehe I was also speculating about the multiple ways of simultaneous balance in which different levels of something are pushing against one another while rising on a different scale altogether. I'm not sure about what the counterbalance is exactly. Well if any of that made sense...

Recap: nap, shop, speculate, skype, sleep, school, (what's with the s's?), rain showers, epic nap!, satay, phone service, tea time.

Dreams: many unremembered, one about a fish game, another about my brother getting an apartment near a college, being uncordinated when putting orange icing letters on his birthday cake, and within that, Starbucks somehow running out of hot drinks ;P

Comments

Popular Posts